Friday, May 12, 2006

Just one more option to consider......

It has always kinda bothered me that I never finished college. I'm a two-time dropout -- once because of immaturity; the second time because of family responsibilities. I think I've grown up now, and being single again eliminates the family problems. And since I'm not working -- well -- I'm thinking about going back.

I went to talk to an advisor at the college yesterday, and was surprised to learn that I'm in better shape than I expected. After all the dust settles, it seems like I may need only about 15 hours. That's one semester full-time. The biggest problem has always been that I need specific classes which are only offered occasionally. But I spent the morning going through class schedules, and every course I need is offered this fall. Hmmm---maybe an omen??

On top of that, I am scheduled to receive an inheritance from my late father in early June, and it will be enough to live on for a year - without working. Another omen??

The biggest drawback is age. It's hard enough looking for a job in your late forties. Will passing the magic half-century mark make it even harder? But at the same time, it would be nice to be able to check that "bachelor's degree" box on the applications. It doesn't seem to matter that I already have more college hours than most graduates. It's either "degree" or nothing!

Sooooooo....as if I didn't have enough to think about, now I've got another option to consider.

(Ironically, they want me to repeat "public speaking"....as if 20 years on the radio doesn't qualify. Sheesh!!!!)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a no brainer. Git R done.

10:45 AM  
Blogger RR said...

DO it.

1:05 PM  
Blogger Dave Morris said...

Yep.

5:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home