Monday, May 01, 2006

FREE!

I'm FREE! Gone. Kaputski. I QUIT!

And it felt WONDERFUL!!!

Against my better judgement, I agreed to stay and work for the new owners. I knew they'd blow up the FM -- change the format and generally screw with things. That's what new owners do. And I was prepared for that, as much as I didn't like it.

But ya don't screw with KDRO on MY WATCH! We've spent 65+ years building up a level of trust with the community. Strong news coverage, community service, and being a reliable, steady source of entertainment and information. And this guy wants to automate the AM from 6PM to 6AM -- just as we head into the meat of the severe weather season! I DON'T THINK SO!

The people of this community deserve better than to turn on their radios when the warning sirens sound and hearing nothing but the computerized voice of the EAS system. I'm sorry, but I could not and would not be party to that!

I think the priorities are wrong when you want to run two radio stations with four people handling ALL the on-air work, while FIFTEEN sales people run around trying to convince already strapped businesses that they should increase their ad buys by 500% or more. I don't know what fantasy world these new guys live in, but Sedalia is about to give then a reality check like they've never had before.

And I won't be part of it. I just couldn't help tear down what so many people have spent so many years building.

May KDRO rest in peace.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill, I know just how you feel...been there, done that.

Wes Yates

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home