Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Who'da thunk it!?

Wow -- amazing discovery. Job hunting and clinical depression do NOT make a happy couple. One day I'm up and the next, the black cloud descends and all I want to do is crawl into bed, pull the covers over my face, and hide from the world. This crazy weather isn't helping either -- sunny and warm one day, cold and dreary the next.

The stress of the past few years is finally draining away. I've been fishing a couple of times (on the sunny, warm good days) and actually enjoyed myself! Enjoy -- not a word I've been that familiar with for a long time! Also got some work done in the yard - although there is still WAY too much left to do before the place looks like someone actually lives here.
Oh yeah -- and looked for work. Lots of possibilities, but nothing specific yet.

At my age, I figure that whatever I do next is pretty much what I'll do for the rest of my working life. And it's just not easy figuring out what you want that to be. I'm not one that has ever had some great burning desire to be this or that. So now here I am trying to figure out what I want to do with the rest of my life. Hell, I didn't even plan what I did with the FIRST part of my life. What do I know about the REST of it????

Oh well -- at least I'm not starving. Yet.

2 Comments:

Blogger RR said...

Good to see a new entry. You're right about the depression/job search. One day, way up and the next...reality. Hang in there, bud. We shall overcome....oh, sorry. Got stuck in a time warp for a minute.

7:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bill,

I hope all is well with you. Sounds like there is a ton of change going on there. It is always hard to leave a place that love and hate at the same time. Trust me, I know. It was really good to see you a couple weeks back.

Derek

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home