Tuesday, April 11, 2006

BLOCKHEAD!

I know its a little weird for a man of my (middle) age, but I like to fly kites. And I really do know better than to try it in 35mph winds, but I just couldn't resist getting the box kite out and letting it go this evening. Had about 200 feet of line out when...

WHAM! DOWNDRAFT!

Right into the big pin oak in the front yard. I feel just like Charlie Brown!


Anyone out there wanna hold the football while I kick it???


(Postscript: unlike the hapless Mr. Brown, I have a ladder. And nylon kites are not nearly as fragile as paper ones. So I have the kite back in one piece, but still feel like an idiot!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Ken Dillon said...

I think it's cool that you still like to fly kites. Even if it might not be something most "adults" are "supposed" to do.

It helps keep ya young, right?

That's why I still like to ride my Big Wheel. Well, that--and the high cost of filling my gas tank.

Ken (The LINUS to your CHARLIE BROWN)

7:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home