Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Decompression 101

I never thought I'd have to learn how to relax! But slowly, the built-up tension and anxiety of the past few weeks (months) (years) is starting to fade just a little bit. I no longer think of work every minute -- I'm down to about every third or fourth minute. And I'm getting used to not worrying about whether I have cell-coverage or whether I have my home phone tied up for too long.

Fortunately, I don't have to go into panic mode about finding a new job. I'm taking this week OFF completely, with the exception of a few resumes I emailed to employers who aren't gonna take the time to even look at it. But other than that -- I'm just trying to catch up on my life.

I never enjoyed mowing my lawn as much as I did this week. And yesterday, I actually took a chair out into the shade under a tree and read a book. The sky was clear, the breeze was cool, and the birds were singing. And it was WONDERFUL

Today, I might crank up the BBQ. Or maybe I'll go fishing. Or maybe I'll just do NOTHING!

Life is good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home