Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Here we go again...


Found out last night that I'm gonna be a grandpa for the second time. Whew -- I'm just getting used to the first one! Mind you, Aaron is the smartest, cutest, most perfect child ever born. How can they hope to top that???

When my daughter called, I was at a Chamber of Commerce banquet. Talk about heading to the bar at top speed! I'm happy for her and her husband. I know this is something they want. But I've got the whole "practical dad" thing going on....can they afford it? How will Aaron react to a little brother or sister? The first childbirth was so hard on Rita -- how will she handle it a second time? Dammit -- why can't I just be thrilled for them????

Oh well, it should be an interesting Christmas this year.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave Morris said...

Congratulations! Or... since it's a "grandpa" thing... um... condolences?

NAW! Congratulations dammit!!

10:34 AM  
Blogger Ken Dillon said...

Congratulations...you've turned out to be a great Grandpa from what I've seen already. This one will be twice as much fun!

And hey--if we all waited until we could "afford" to do something, we'd never do it, right? I'm sure they'll all be fine. Nature, God, or whatever is in charge of all that stuff always has a plan.

3:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home